The miracle called India
Since then the outlook has not improved. One of the hideous facts that he informed was – Police Stations in north India are sold in auction system to highest bidder / head cop / SHO. Police Stations are after all a business with discounted cash flows of illegal revenue streams. Capitalists would be inclined to buy into these public monopolies only if they were listed.
Worth checking a few fun facts of similar proportions from this episode.
Some of the learnings from this episode is:
– It takes 20 Crores to become MLA
– It takes 100 Crores to become MP
(What kind of favours have to be returned for the sum of money spent, to whom?)
– Fake marriages happen in India to give party to people to win votes ( for 500 Rs they take away 10-30 Lacs per person owing to them in schools, medical care, national resources)
– Ambulances carry black money with no patients
– All licences for schools, hospitals, telecom, coal, mining are sold for thousands of crores, main reason for India’s poverty
– Garbage disposed by MCD or all municipalities in India is provided for a cost to contractor for thousands of crores (most of it taken back by politicians elected in power for a 500 Rs cost per person), meaning we all pay money, thousands of crores per annum to clear garbage in New Delhi, Lacs of Crores for cleaning up whole India
– There are private players who are willing to take up Garbage for FREE, not only FREE but they are willing to pay back Govt. to collect KOODA/GARBAGE, but Govt. is not giving them. It can be recycled and made into compost/recycled plastic/paper etc.
– But there is a Big nexus of Gundas/Goons/Policiticans, they dump Garbage and make mountains of garbage in landfills, that causes cancer in whole environment and leeches into underground water with toxic and poisonous chemicals
– Lacs of crores are stolen every year from our Tax
– Everybody is paying Tax in India including Rikshawala, 66% tax is indirect meaning through toothpaste, soap, water, clothing etc. 33% tax is direct from Income.
– More than 90% tax is stolen by politicians
– Govt sells iron ore to 27 Rs a tonne which is sold for thousands of Rs in market
– Nearly 20% of Member of Parliaments of India have murder and rape case against them. But country was up in arms against only one such high profile case.
Given the crystal clear view of situation. Why should Government workers perform their duty honestly, why should public sector bank officers be fair and not simply steal the money like their Senior counterparts. Afterall imitation is the sincerest… Does that also mean Can Fin Home, a company I am interested in not investment worthy?